Hear for Good
New service project to benefit the deaf and hard of hearing in West Michigan
Quota International of Grand Rapids has announced a new service project, Hear For Good, in which Club members are collecting used hearing aids. The hearing aids will be sent to Starkey, Inc., a leading manufacturer of hearing devices, to be refurbished and reprogrammed for points toward the purchase of new, lower cost hearing aids which Quota will donate to deaf and hard of hearing persons in need. Donation boxes are being placed throughout West Michigan businesses including nursing homes, audiologist offices, funeral homes, etc.
Let us know if you would like a donation box for your business, church or organization. If you would like more information about Quota or would like to volunteer to make a difference in people’s lives, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These locations will accept used hearing aids. The hearing aids will be recycled and provide refurbished hearing aids to low income individuals. Thank you for helping Quota International help the hard of hearing in our community.
- DHHS, 4328 Kalamazoo, SE. Contact Deb Atwood 732-7358
- Grand Rapids Public Schools, Ken-O-Sha Campus, 1353 VanAuken SE.
- Elder’s Helpers, 500 Cherry St S.E., Contact Dusty, 454-8305
- Mercy Health Physician Partners Family Medicine – 300 Lafayette SE, Suite 4000 and 4200. Contact Dr. Stanford 685-6921 or Miguel Mesa 685-6267
- St Mary’s Hospital, 200 Jefferson Ave, SE -Sue Scharf
- Clark Retirement Home, 1152 Franklin Street S.E. Contact Michele Lipka
- Sunrise Senior Living, 3041 Charlevoix Dr. SE. Contact is Deb Roost 942-7200.
- Kaczmarski Hearing Services, 2225 Main St SW, Ste. #140, Contact Beckie
- Northview’s West Oakview Campus, 3880 Stuyvesant NW, Contact Beckie
- Covenant Village, 2510 Lake Michigan Drive NW, Contact Reception Desk 735-4541
- Holy Spirit Parish, 2230 Lake Michigan Drive NW, Contact Deb or Mary 453-6369
- Kaczmarski Hearing Services, 523 Wilson Ave NW. Contact Beckie
- Kaczmarski Hearing Services, In Northpointe Bank at I-96 & East Beltline, Contact Kate, Audiologist
- Fulton Farmer’s Market, 1147 Fulton St E, Box available at Quota Table the first Saturday May-October
- Spectrum Health Audiology Department, 100 Michigan Ave. Contact Kirsten Kramer
- Pederson Funeral Home, 127 N. Monroe Street, Contact David Germain 866-1515
- Lakeview Terrace Assisted Living, 9494 Paden Road, Lakeview. Contact Carmel Slebodnick 989-5550
Quota International of Grand Rapids has a Legacy Scholarship Fund available through GRCC. It is our goal to help students wishing to make a difference in the lives of deaf and hard of hearing.This Scholarship Fund was established in February, 2010 in recognition of the giving Quotarians who have passed away. Through this scholarship, we are honoring them. This legacy includes:
- Helen Bradford
- Dorothy Bremer
- Thalia Brunette
- Emily Deming
- Kathryn Homan
- Mary Houran
- Hazel Kienitz
- Jean Lutz
- Ruth Nevers
- Linda Poll
- Norma Raby
- Anne Ryckman
- Rosemary Scott
- Marge Tatreau
- Mary Wanner
- Thelma Watson
- Maryann Young
This scholarship criteria is:
- for students taking 6 or more credit hours
- student must be hard of hearing, deaf or pursuing an education to assist the deaf or hard of hearing
- for a recipient whom will be chosen by the college
- requiring the Student to maintain a 3.0 GPA
- paid directly to the college for cost of the class
Quota will receive notification of the award and name of recipient. If the scholarship is not awarded after two years, the gift will be put on hold until such time it is awarded, whereupon the scholarship gift will be resumed.